The World of Pain is a heavily modified
Multi-User-Dungeon based on CircleMUD 3.0 (with pieces from tbaMUD). It is still
a growing MUD, and the code is still under construction. The bugs
are being worked out, and new features are constantly in the works.
Current features include:|
- Unlimited mortal levels, and never-ending adventure.
- A sophisticated PK system with several PK area types.
- A structured clan system with ranks and noble titles.
- Periodic quests with monetary and equipment-based rewards.
- A steadily growing, friendly character base.
- A hardworking, dedicated immortal staff.
- GMCP support for graphical client integration with Mudlet and Grapevine clients.
- No rent and all objects and equipment are automatically saved.
- Grapevine inter-mud chat integration.
Connect via the Grapevine web client or use a mud client, such as Mudlet or Tintin++, or just a plain telnet
client. We recommend Mudlet as we have graphical integration
with the mud and their mapper as well as tabbed chats and
If you have a mud client, you can connect to the mud at
New to the realm? Check out our New
NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS: You will all be held responsible
for the information contained within the Roleplay
section. Read it and pay attention! Roleplaying is not
only encouraged, it is required!
8/18/2019: Grapevine support and other changes...
We now have working Grapevine support
for gossip and tells between other realms, and lots of internal game changes
have been made. The biggest change made recently is to the object save system.
ALL rooms now save objects upon reboots or crashes.
Source code for our CircleMUD/tbaMUD-compatible Grapevine chat as well as Mudlet
map file generation has been relased at
11/15/2018: The World of Pain has been brought back from
The World of Pain has been resurrected by Blizzard. (again)
We've spent some time fixing
major crashing bugs and making the mud run better. We still
have a lot of work and testing to do, but you are welcome to
play and help us test things out.
Please write any bugs you find on the problems board (west,
west, south from
the Woodhaven Cathedral) or use the BUG command.
Here are some more details on the new World of
- Player files and passwords from the old system
are gone. NO previous characters exist.
- There will be NO equipment
- The zones of the realm have been restored
to the way they were in late-2001.
- The web help system has been significantly enhanced.
- Web pages are now mobile device-friendly, including the help
- The entire MUD is now backed up daily on AWS S3. We'll never
lose things again.
The Old World of Pain Immortal Staff:
Pain, Dionysus, Blizzard, Slayer, Ldygodiva, Tiedie,
Zekkon, Undertaker, Triniak, Tempest, Rah, Sithas, Skylarq, Kane,
Motaba, Sylvestr, Aliana, Psiona, Electro, Reiko, Eldrik, Talon,
Delecti, Havoc, and Farley.
© World of Pain, All rights reserved.